In a study conducted in collaboration with BCG, Vestiaire Collective's luxury second-hand sales platform reveals the top 5 reasons why its buyers and sellers invest in the used fashion market. Result? Check it out below:
1. Participants seek accessibility, including paying for clothes at a discounted price and good deals.
2. In a circular fashion principle, respondents also seek to design fashion as an investment. Thus, 44% of people guarantee that they can pay more for buying luxury items in the second hand market.
3. The variety. In terms of size and unique designs, more than two-thirds of respondents say this was a key factor in their second-hand purchases. In addition, 83% prefer to buy second hand because they find a wide range of acclaimed parts and brands.
4. Another reason to invest in the fashion market second hand: you can find single pieces or limited edition, which cannot be found in stores anymore. Thus, 73% say they find sharp parts to enhance their style, while 62% look for out-of-stock / limited edition items.
5. The durability of the pieces represents a capital factor. Respect for the environment, thus remains the main motivation of consumers for ethical purchasing.